Friday 26 January 2018

A CONFESSION #2

In my posts I sometimes refer to the fact that I've been swimming in 'our' bay. Yesterday I 'swam' three times and today twice already. It's very hot here at present as no doubt it is all over the country.

My swimming style is a bit chaotic to say the least.



The Old Girl calls it wallowing. Admittedly I don't swim far out like she does but instead do a few freestyle strokes, then some breaststrokes followed by some dog-paddling. After this I revert to relaxing in the water. Wallowing if you wish.





The fact is that I can't swim, or to be more accurate, can hardly swim. I was awarded swimming certificates at primary school where we had a swimming pool where it was compulsory to 'give it a go'. For the width certificate I kept my feet on the bottom of the pool and sort of paddled across pretending to swim. For the length certificate I put my head face down and thrashed along without breathing - had a big breath at the halfway point and then continued to thrash along face down again. Still - a certificate is a certificate.

I'm not scared of the water although I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to getting in, having to inch my way in slowly and have never had a problem when on holidays except for a couple of events:

HERE

So in the future if I say "I've just been for a swim" it's likely that I've just inched my way out into the water and wallowed about for a bit.

Sorry about that.*

********************************

* THE CURMUDGEONS INC. believes in full disclosure.


4 comments:

Robert and the Catholics said...

A couple of strokes is all I can manage. Maybe we are too evolved.

Richard (of RBB) said...

How did the whale evolve?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I see The Curmudgeon Elderly Men's Club has slowed right down on its posting.

Richard (of RBB) said...

This post was so boring!