Tuesday 23 January 2018

FLOATING

Now that the official holiday period has ended for most people, the weather is improving. The storms of the last couple of weeks have abated and today it has been sunny and windless.



This was perfect for tennis this morning with no cross winds spoiling the shots. After tennis I took my new kayak out for a paddle. The bay is still as a millpond and I went way out past the boats and did a combination of fast paddling for fitness and lazy paddling for leisure.



When I came back to our little beach in front of the house I pulled the kayak up onto the grass verge and went for a dip. As I wanted to test its buoyancy I left my life vest on and walked out into deep water. The vest worked perfectly and supported me without effort. I floated vertically, on my back and on my front - all with my head clear of the water and only needing to occasionally use my arms of legs for movement of positioning.

The water was warm and I stayed out floating for over a half hour.

A bit like Izzie but more of a hazard to shipping

3 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What a changing day.
I did a couple of loads of washing and then it rained - real steady rain too.

Richard (of RBB) said...

It's still nice down here and all the washing is put away. Send yours down, if you like, and I'll dry it for you.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for that .
The rain has stopped now.
I'll leave it on the line (Lynn's in Auckland so she won't know) and bring it in tomorrow.