Saturday 7 April 2018

POOL PARTY

  The Old Girl and I have a new tradition of late Saturday afternoon (before preparing dinner) -  pool in the snooker room.



 (She doesn't play snooker because she thinks that I'm unfair when I 'snooker' her. ("That's very unfriendly" she exclaimed once, not grasping the fundamentals of the games and the origin of the game's name.)

So we play pool. She's getting quite good at it I must admit. Last weekend she beat me - just, and tonight she beat me two games to one.

We invariably share a bottle of sparkling wine or Champagne while playing. Tonight it was the good old favourite Deutz Blanc De Blanc sparkling, one of New Zealand's best and most consistent Methode Champenoise.




Normally over $40 to $44 a bottle so when I saw it on special at a supermarket recently at $18.99 (I suspect that they priced it wrong) I bought as much as I could.

We usually listen to collected music on the iPod (tonight The Rolling Stones Blues Songs).

Dinner was Chilli prawn stir fry with angel hair pasta followed by rhubarb sponge. Magic.

Oh, and we followed the Deutz with a bottle of Novum Marlborough Pinot Noir - one of the best Pinot Noirs from Marlborough that I've tasted.









11 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Pity you didn't have time to go over and put a photo of your meal on facebook. You should practise pool all week, while the old girl is working, and become really good. Or maybe just drink less plonk while you're playing?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Your majesty looks like a big cream doughnut with jam on top"

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, I didn't see that coming. Quite frankly, I didn't expect The Spanish Inquisition!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Billiards is surely the game of choice by people with sophistication!
Though I could be wrong.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ask Richard. He used to play pocket billiards.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'm off to Auckland today - back tomorrow so won't post today.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good luck with the car. Don't worry, I'll post for you.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Greaser!

Richard (of RBB) said...

No, I've never worked on cars.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I wouldn't mind betting that Robert will be doing some comment deleting later tonight.
Watch the last post on Richard's Bass Bag.*







* the original bass bagging site