Tuesday 19 March 2019

SLIP SLIDIN' AWAY


SLIP SLIDIN' AWAY - PAUL SIMON

What a great song that is. Paul Simon is a wizard.

I was reminded of it when I was thinking about writing this post about Richard's slippers and his hiking poles which he's been banging on about recently.

"Mumble mumble mumble step on a crack - break your mother's back mumble mumble"


Apparently his doctor, who believe it or not is even older than he is has recommended using them when going for walks. He got a bit confused when explaining this to me and in his latest post but one where he thought that the poles were for attacking dogs with.  Maybe he can find some other old geezers to share this new hobby with.

" At the top of the hill you can look down on Moera - well, everyone else does"


While his pals wear hiking boots and other firm footwear Richard continues to wear his old man outdoor slippers. All the better for shuffling in I suppose. What I wonder about however, since he lives in Wainuiomata Nuova Lazio is why he doesn't wear tiger slippers:



After all, it was one of his fellow inmates residents there who made this form of footwear famous if not exactly fashionable.


6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I wonder why you do not wear a crucifix.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I wear a piece of spaghetti on a string around my neck.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I often have a cross look on my face.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's why you need a pair of walking poles. Though, you'll never play the violin again.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, it would be a gain (for society) if I never played the violin.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You've got 5 comments (now 6) and I've only got 2.