Tuesday 6 April 2021

EASTER TUESDAY

 The good weather continued through the long weekend. Thanks Satan.


"Don't mention it. I'd have liked to join you but I had all those bloody dead sinners to process - the ones who didn't go to mass before snuffing it. There's no rest for the wicked eh? (Did you see what I did there?)

Yesterday we went for a nice long walk to Smugglers Bay. I forgot my hiking stick so I had to find a suitably straight and sturdy branch to give me support on the ups and downs for my dodgy knee. The walk and the beautiful scenery was worth it though.










This sign amused me as I wasn't sure if the DOC guys installed it on this angle to highlight the dangers:

"Significant falls exist near the track. Care must be taken at all times."

We sat on one of the beaches at Smugglers Bay for a while, enjoying the sunshine and the view out to the Hen and Chicken Islands. There are two small beaches at Smugglers. One is entirely covered in soft white sand. The other, separated by a small headland is devoid of sand and is covered in beautifully shaped and smoothed stones. Go figure.

Today, now that the holiday weekend is finished for most and many people have gone home, I played tennis in the morning and golf in the afternoon. I'm buggered.

We're enjoying a beautiful wine that Geoff brought with him - Mt difficulty Noble Riesling.


This is intensely sweet but not cloying. It's luscious and fresh - just the thing for a sunny afternoon.


How's your holiday weekend going?


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Cloying a bit.

Richard (of RBB) said...

From the comments it seems that your readers loved this post.