Saturday 3 April 2021

EOSTRE SATURDAY

 Sorry about that last post. Maybe it was a good idea that The Religious Curmudgeon published it. He can take the blame. In the parallel universe of course Richard's stapler post would be accused of being just as boring even if he did inject some humour into it.


Moving on.


Eostre is treating us well up here with great weather. I guess that we can thank Satan not Robert's god for that. Robert's god would prefer that we all went to church and praised him so it's unlikely he/she/it made the weather nice. No, I reckon it's Satan's doing. Thanks Beez.*

We did have a big thunderstorm on Thursday night with lots of lightning flashes and then some torrential rain but yesterday and today have been wonderful. Yesterday I had a long walk along some bush tracks and then a swim. Today after doing the lawns I took the kayak out on the lovely still water and had a swim afterwards. Magic.


My sister and family are coming around in the late afternoon for a snooker tournament. There will be nine adults and some children to add to The Old Girl, myself and guest Geoff so we'll have a very full house for a few hours.




Feeding them all posed a problem as our dinner table only accommodates eight so I elected to do 'make your own' pizzas. I bought a lot of crusty thin pizza bases and toppings which I'll set out in advance. Between games of the snooker challenge (round robin style) everyone can create their own pizza using the toppings in a mix'n'match style - Mozzarella, tuna, anchovies, salami, tomato pizza paste, basil pesto, salamon, feta, olives, capsicum, jalapeno peppers, artichoke hearts, chilis - all sorts of stuff. I've got a pizza stone that goes in the oven and is big enough for at least two pizzas. Once heated up sufficiently it only takes a few minutes for each pizza to cook. This should be fun.


How's your weekend going?




* Beez, as in Beelzebub, one of Satan's alternate names.We sinners and atheists are on more than nodding terms with Satan.

5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Tuna on pizza? Anyway sounds like you have planned a fun evening.
Sue and I shopped till we dropped this morning.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Tuna on pizza?
Yes one of the best combinations - tuna, anchovies, olives. It's a Marinara variant and is delicious. Most good pizzerias offer this (not the crapp Pizza Hut and Domino's).

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Sue and I shopped till we dropped this morning."

OK, what did you buy?
If you bought that statue of the 'virgin' Mary and then dropped it you'll be in big trouble matey.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

He'd rented Mary out for the day! Also it was a reproduction in resin and he wanted $500. I suggested $300 but he turned me down.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I hear that salamon pizza is very popular up north. It comes with bad spelling.