Wednesday 21 April 2021

I AM

 I was pleased to learn that that Reb Fountain won the 2021 Taite Music Prize

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? - REB FOUNTAIN



Great news for this very talented musician..

The Music Curmudgeon gave you a heads up up about her in July last year. I hope that you paid attention although I know that Robert didn't: MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Anyway, the title of this post is I AM.


I am The Curmudgeon.

I am happy, which is I admit, not very curmudgeonly.

Why am I happy? After  a winter deluge yesterday, today is fine so I was able to take the very full trailer load of garden waste to the tip. After that I drove to VTNZ and had the trailer tested and passed for a new warrant of fitness (WOF for any pedantic old jokers out there).

The electrickery work I did on it the other day has been effective.

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?



11 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah, it WAS a wof! Well done old fella. Pleased your singer did well at the music awards. Better get the washing folded and put away. A pedantic old man's work is never done.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good song but why did they have to cut all their hair off?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert might know.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'd say she can not sing so has to get attention some how.

THE WINE GUY said...

OK, who, in your (not humble) opinion is a good singer?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I thought she was a very good singer.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I do like Shirley Bassey too though.

THE WINE GUY said...

Yeah, and I still like Eta James, Billie Holliday, Aretha Franklin, Maria Callas, Ana Netrebko, Kiri Te Kanawa, Kathleen Battle and, fuck it, so many other great singers.
I'm not putting Reb Fountain into their category but, as a songwriter, singer and performer I think she's pretty good. Kind of like in the Patti Smith genre.

Robert obviously knows better.
Better than the judges of the Taite Music Prize anyway.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I really enjoyed her video and song. But, there again, I have a female dryer.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually, I've watched her a few times now and she's bloody good.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mind you, Nadia Reid is the best NZ singer I've heard for a while. I wonder what Robert, the expert, thinks of her voice?