Monday 12 April 2021

THE POPE HAS BEEN EXPOSED AS A MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALIST*

 * OK, did  I catch your interest?

Good.


Here's a new post.

Okay, I'll explain those chords here, just for you Robert. 7th chords are made up from root (1), 3, 5, 7 of their particular scale. The 3 most common are major 7th, minor 7th and dominant 7th. In C major these would be... Dm7 - DFAC G7 - GBDF Cmaj7 - CEGB. Dm7 - G7 - Cmaj7 is really a perfect cadence but in jazz it is called a II V7 I progression. The 5th in each chord (unless it is altered to #5 or b5) is the least interesting note and the root is not really an interesting choice because the bass usually has it covered. The leave the two most colorful notes - 3 and 7. These can be used to play 2 note chords (double stops on the violin) that give nice jazzy colours. Try playing these 3,7 chords over Dm7 G7 Cmaj7. There are 2 voicings for these chords - you could play C above F, B above F, B above E OR F above C, F above B, E above B. You should transpose these to all keys. If you are improvising over a jazz tune, you can drop in these 2 note chords to make you sound jazzy.


Oops, no, not that. That's Richard from Richard's Bass Bag wittering on about something. I mean to write a golf post which will be slightly less boring.

I played golf this morning - 9 holes.
I played the best golf round that I've had for some time. I ended up 3 shots over par without any 'cheating'.
What I mean is that normally I just play on my own and, if I play a crook shot I hit another ball as the score isn't important. I'm just trying to play some good strokes.
Today I started off by getting a par 3 on the first hole. On the second, after some nore good shots I got a par 4. I got a par 4 on the third hole and thought 'this is good" so took it seriously.*

Golf is a funny sport. Often, using a lot of power on a tee shot doesn't work - or at least not for me. Just gently swinging the club nice and evenly can send the ball further, and straighter, than really bashing it. That's why tiny players like Lydia Ko can play so well.

I got another par 4 on the fourth hole, a par three on the fifth and then just missed getting a par 4 on the sixth. One over the card after 6 holes.
I got a par 4 on the seventh hole and a par 5 on the eighth which is a long and difficult hole. I was most pleased. I 'blew up' on the last hole though. I teed off well on the ninth but 'skyed' the ball with a fairway wood on my second shot. This left me well short of the green. My wedge shot ended up just to the left of the green meaning that the next chip on was my fourth. It took two putts to end up with a six - two over par.  Three shots over for the 9 hole round which is extremely good for a hacker like me.




Are you OK with that or do you want to hear some more about 7th chords?









* This didn't stop me checking out the creek alongside the fourth hole though where I found 13 good golf balls (there had been a tournament yesterday). I banged my head on a tree branch though which has made my head bleed - a fact that didn't go unnoticed by The Old Girl who immediately on seeing it accused me of searching for golf balls. I said that a magpie attacked me as I was in the centre of a fairway but she didn't believe me.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The last hole had me on the edge of my seat. It resolved unexpectantly to two pars over.
Hope your head is feeling better. I knocked my head on my car door too.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ha, ha. Golf sounds a lot like music, except that classical guys probably don't know all that shit you copied from Richard's Bass Bag.*
God almighty! Can't you leave those bloody golf balls alone? I'm reporting back to Lyn!







* the original bass bagging 3

Richard (of RBB) said...

3 = site

Richard (of RBB) said...

Bloody spellcheck!