Monday 19 April 2021

EGOMANIA

 I'm sold on EGO battery tools. I've already bored regaled entertained you with the stories of the EGO line trimmer and the EGO lawn mower I have.

Yesterday when cutting flax, brush and branches from trees I gave up on the crappy Black and Decker garden chain saw and went back to using a hand saw. The more that I cut however, the more I wanted to cut and realised that a few of those blasted monkey apple trees had to go.

Today I went to Mitre 10 and bought an EGO chain saw.

 
Uh oh. I had to assemble it but fortunately this time I had no spare bits left over.



I set to cutting branches - tentatively at first but soon realised that this nifty machine cuts through wood like a knife through butter. I progressed to thicker branches and even trunks. The beauty of it is:
  • It's light
  • It runs on the powerful EGO battery
  • There's no fuel and starting issues. It just needs some chain oil in the oil filler.
  • It's easy to adjust
  • Its maneuverability allows you to trim away sticks and light foliage to get to the heavier branches.

It definitely has the WOW factor.

I've created another huge pile of garden waste that will fill the trailer once I've emptied it of the current load.


This will have to wait until tomorrow though as I'm a bit stuffed now. Only mad dogs and Englsihmen go out in the midday sun.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Don't forget to get your woff, or was it woof?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And you accused Robert of being fixated on a word.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well woff is longer than off.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Good on you.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Not god?