Saturday 10 April 2021

NORTON



 NORTON - MIKE MCGEAR

Well, not that but .....

"Norton's still a pansy boy, Norton's still a pet
And if he gave me half a chance, I'd wring his bleedin' neck!"

......... this lyric's appropriate.


I've been having trouble with Norton recently. Norton is a computer security tool that's supposed to fix virus issues and offers an extra firewall for your computer.


"It’s more than just antivirus software—it’s peace of mind
Defend yourself and the entire family against the latest virus, malware, spyware and ransomware attacks while staying on top of your privacy and identity."

            - Norton McAfee guarantee 

Well, that's what they say in their advertising.

I first used Norton about 13 years ago after leaving full time employment where the company had its own computer security systems. Alarmed by all the internet chat about hackers, malware and viruses I subscribed to Norton for our home computer.

After buying an Apple computer which has its own security system I discontinued Norton. When I went to the UK a few years ago and needed a laptop, I took a HP one with me and signed up again with Norton anti-spyware system. I kept this going for this machine but as it's been turned off and sitting in a cupboard unused, I recently deliberately didn't renew the Norton subscription. This has led to hundreds of emails from Norton imploring, cajoling and finally demanding that I resubscribe.

Here's an example:



I send these straight to the SPAM folder but I'm getting really tired of this and wonder when they will give up. Going through the 'unsubscribe from email' process is  a waste of time.

Have you had any similar problems?

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Shelley and I have just been to the movies. It was a good film about the Cuban missile crises. We had a wine and something to eat before the film. The movie theater was in Brooklyn. We were lucky to find a park near the theatre.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I sympathize finding a park in Brooklyn. I wizzed through there a few weekends ago and thought "My goodness finding a park here would be hard".

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I hear that there are some good reads to be had over at Robert's blog. Why don't you ......

Richard (of RBB) said...

...finish my sentence for me.