Thursday 22 April 2021

GOING INTO THE CLOSET

A couple of things.

Yesterday when listening to National Radio I heard a commentator lamenting the fact that many houses nowadays don't have hot water cupboards - the walk in kind.

I made a comment on Richard's blog post this morning, promising to write a post on our hot water cupboard: 



Well here it is.

First I did a search on my blog to check that I hadn't already written a post and found this: HERE

There was really only a passing reference to the cupboard which doesn't do it justice.

One of the things I love about our house is that, being an old villa with high ceilings and large rooms, space isn't a problem. Instead of a namby pamby cupboard our hot water 'cupboard' is really a closet - a fairly large one. It houses the hot water cylinder and lots of shelving for linen storage. It is located off the spare kitchen/lounge area at the end of the house.




You can actually walk in here and hide if you want and, if you or someone else closes the door while you are in there, there is a door handle on the inside. Disturbingly though, I've just noticed that there is a keyhole underneath the handle so the closet is lockable. I hope that The Old Girl doesn't find the key.


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Gosh, this was the best post yet! We at Richard's Bass Bag* feel humbled. What a post!
Okay, I'm writing what I think you'd want to hear. I am 68 years old and have got through life pretty well without reading a post on this 'room'. I can understand your excitement because you are obviously running out of stories. I'll see if I can think up some topics for you.
Here goes:
- Where is that poor waitress now who you insulted when she was pregnant?
- Outside chairs that are blow over proof.
- How to warm up chilled red wine; how a fire place can be a good investment for a red wine drinker.

There you go, that's something to start with.
No thanks necessary.







* the original bass bagging site

THE CURMUDGEON said...

And this from a guy who wrote a post about his dryer.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, I've had a few hard times.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I thought the post was wonderful. Maybe next we can explore your attic.

Anonymous said...

This blog is overdue for an update.