Monday 18 October 2021

SAY UNCLE

 



“Mark it, nuncle.
Have more than thou showest,
Speak less than thou knowest,"


Most families have a troublesome uncle who ranges from pesky to downright disgusting and dangerous like the royal family's Andrew: PRINCE (H)ANDREW

I hope that my nieces see me on the 'pesky' side but you never know.

Growing up I remember a particularly annoying aunt who I never got along with. She was my godmother so maybe that's why.

All of my uncles were OK - all six of them from both sides of the family. Only one I didn't click with although my brother did. He was a 'hunting, fishing' type of guy as was Terry. I preferred staying with the others when on holiday. Sadly they are all dead now except for John, the second youngest who I guess is in his late 80s by now.

I remember Richard mentioning an odd uncle - maybe I'm wrong. I imagine that to his nephews and nieces he would seem like a pretty good one - definitely on the 'pesky' end of the scale.

As for Robert though ......


"Hail Mary - are you there?"


7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Uncle Steve has the ability to take the cake. We're 'very lucky' that he has decided to come down for Christmas.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, I'd hide that cake if I were you.

I hope the car problems got fixed.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Will have one fixed tomorrow and one on Wednesday.

Thanks.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

That reminds me. I must pray for my nephews and nieces!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Why?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just remember that they are happy as they are. They certainly don't need conversion therapy or any other silly Medieval nonsense.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Shush! You could go to prison for even suggesting conversion therapy!