Sunday 31 October 2021

RUGBY'S THE WINNER BOYO!

 I woke early this morning to watch the live broadcast of the All Blacks vs Wales game which was great. Even Robert The Unempathetic Sinner would have enjoyed it.


I watched it in the small lounge at the end of the house because it was early (5:14 AM) and I didn't want to wake The Old Girl. I get carried away sometimes when watching rugby and yell out when a good try is scored. It used to make our dog Rosie jump and once I scared hell out of The Old Girl's godson who was watching with me.

****SPOILER ALERT ****

The outcome was predictable with the All Blacks scoring seven tries to Wales' one with a score of 54:16 but it was still an exciting match to watch. Here:s an outtake from the commentary:

"The ball bounces short of touch and is scooped up by Beauden Barrett. He runs and passes to Jordie Barrett who evades a tackle then another and makes 20 metres up field. Jordie Barrett passes to Beauden Barrett who passes out to some other player. The other player sends a pass to Jordie Barrett but this is intercepted by Hugh Williams. Williams passes to James Williams who in turn passes to Steve Williams. Williams sees a gap and deftly chips the ball ahead but Jordie Barrett races across and intercepts the kick, quickly passing to Beauden Barrett ..... "

Anyway, I'm happy and celebrated with a 'fry up' for breakfast which is way out of the norm for me.

My back is still sore (sciatica probably) and I'm still taking the muscle relaxant and painkiller tablets. I can't drink alcohol while taking these and, I guess after 10 days I'll feel better because of that.

Rugby was the winner again.


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah, it's just grown men throwing around a ball except that it was Beaudy's 100th test and he and the boys played well. Will Jorden scored a great try too. Long man grown men keep throwing around a ball. Yes, I was up to watch it too but, unlike TC, I didn't frighten anyone. I did say 'YES!' quite loudly a couple of times though.

Richard (of RBB) said...

'Long may' - sorry, a little mistake there.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I bet you both shouted "Yes WE won?"