Tuesday 16 November 2021

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!

 


I put this set of APILCO PERRIER JOUET BELLE EPOQUE DINNERWARE (45 pieces)   on Trade Me recently with a reserve of $350.

The highest bid was $201 which I refused.

This is very nice china with the beautiful Belle Epoque pattern.


It's hard trying to sell second hand items today. People want things for nothing. The value of 'stuff' has declined with the rise of big format retailing and endless supply of crap. People would rather buy shoddy mass produced crap on a very frequent basis than outlay for quality that can last a lifetime.

I have a beautiful set of 1930s SPODE BUTTERCUP (about 100 pieces) that I've owned since the mid 1970s. I won't even attempt to sell this through Trade Me although I will keep an eye on WEBB's upcoming auctions.






1 comment:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Maybe in a parallel universe people would appreciate quality.