Friday 5 November 2021

US AND THEM

 US AND THEM - PINK FLOYD



We don't seem to be getting any better and there is a definite polarising of beliefs in this country with regard to Covid-19 measures.

I live in Northland which, like some other rural areas like Nelson. West Coast and Poverty Bay has a depressingly low percentage of fully vaccinated people.

It looks like even if we, and the country reach 90%, the remaining 10% will be impossible to convince to get vaccinated and even to take sensible precautions like mask wearing, app scanning and restricted social gatherings. I'm pleased that the government will make proof of vaccination a requirement for travel, work and any social gathering and I don't give a fuck about those who complain about 'losing freedom'. It's about time that the majority are not held to ransom by a minority.

I guess it's like 1981 and the Springbok tour that polarised the nation.


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

An interesting analogy. I think time will tell like how we removed smallpox by vaccination. People will look back and say "demographics mate!"

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, no I don't think so.