Sunday 10 December 2023

BLURRING AROUND THE EDGES

 "That's an unusual title for a post" I imagine you readers saying and wondering if it meant that The Curmudgeon lost his spectacles, Robert took up drinking again or it was just another day in the life of Richard.

Well, Collins Dictionary via the internet had this to say:

When a thing blurs or when something blurs it, you cannot see it clearly because its edges are no longer distinct.

Which, for an established and reputable institution, is a bit naff really and I didn't need to look it up. I could have given you a better explanation than that .... but I won't. I'll give you instead another cartoon:


 No! What this post is about is the fact that blog characters of the blogs in this community are being borrowed, adapted and misused by others.

I know, I know, I've been guilty of this in the past 'borrowing' Richard's alter egos for fictitious interviews and using Robert's fantasy religious beings for the same and even more nefarious purposes but things have got out of hand in the last few days with Richard resorting to this:

Oops! Sorry, that's intended for a future post.

Richard resorted to pretending that he was one of my associates 'The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt' and wrote this:


This is low, even lower than I go (imagine a limbo gif here which can also be a pun directed at Robert).

This is not the last that you'll hear of this.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucking in the comments, I see.

Phillip Edward Nis

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

This post is just another step into that unreality known as insanity.
As far as I know limbo is not a church teaching.
Jesus was a historical person, even Muslims recognise him as a great prophet. There is a whole chapter about his mother Mary in the Koran!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The concept of Limbo was taught in Catholic schools it just was never an official part of the Church's doctrine. Watch your semantics Robert.

Yes, Jesus seems to have been a prophet and a historical character but that Mary stuff is all made up. What's your position on god, the holy spirit, angels and archangels, guardian angels and Satan then?

Anonymous said...

Noah says Hi.

Satan

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What did he have to say about his daughters getting him pissed and then screwing him?