Thursday 21 December 2023

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, YOU BETTER NOT CRY ...

 My Christmas present arrived by courier post from USA today.



It's a shower curtain with the image of Gustav Klimt's 'The Kiss' on it.
This is to replace the Modigliani nude one that I've had for a number of years:



I bought it on-line from Christchurch City Art Gallery from where I bought the Modigliani one. When I bought it I didn't realise that it was going to be shipped from USA. Also, when I clicked the payment option of $60 I didn't realise that it was 60 US dollars! Still, it's lovely and is my Christmas present this year.


"So what's The Old Girl getting for Christmas?" I hear you asking.

She got a kitchen compost bin, the lucky girl.



Well, it is an Annabel Langbein* one.




* Who coincidentally is the chef whose Pasta Siciliana dish I made last night. This is the kumara and orange penne pasta dish I've mentioned before: HERE


2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I had one of those Moodiglani shower curtains in Wainui.
Aren't presents supposed to be opened on Christmas day?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

My Modigliani shower curtain is an official promotional item authorised by the Amedeo Modigliani Trust. Is your Moodiglani shower curtain by another artist or is it a sub-continent knock-off?