Sunday 31 December 2023

YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IT

 Graphs and statistical analysis I mean. It makes a change from all that religious stuff that Robert the cleaner in progress bangs out and that boring double bass stuff that Richard, when he's actually on duty and posting, drones out.


I looked at the blog stats this afternoon - well, it has been raining - and have some exciting news to share.


Below are the total number of blog posts by The Curmudgeon and the readership by country. The first is the last month period. The second is the last 12 months. The third is 'all time' from 2009.







The more mathematicaphile readers will immediately notice the rapid rise of readership from the USA moving to #2 position overall and #1 over the last 12 months and the last month. 
The volume of USA readership has very rapidly increased as well with the 14 year total being 107,000 views but the last 12 months is 38,000 views and the last month 22,000. 
Extrapolating (a mathematical term there) this, then, based on the last 12 months over 14 years the rate of viewing in USA is 532,000.
Using the last month's figures in the same way the rate of viewing is a whopping 3.7 million! I'm expecting a call from Google anytime now.

What does this mean?


I don't know - I was hoping that you might be able to tell me.

Intrigued, I had a look at which countries are following the leading Curmudgeons Inc.ⓒ blogs. All figures are for 'all time' but of course these individual blogs have not been running for as long as The Curmudgeon blog. Still, it does show significant comparisons with the USA being the biggest follower.

THE RELIGIOUS CURMUDGEON


I'm surprised that Italy, being home to The Vatican and Il Papa doesn't feature anywhere other than in, well, 'Other'. I would have thought that old Frank and his entourage would be interested in what the Religious Curmudgeon is saying. Sadly no, it's the bible-belt bashers in USA that hang on every word apparently. The Singapore stats are odd and I can only think that this is maybe due to Robert's Church having Singaporean priests. Maybe he could enlighten me.




THE MUSIC CURMUDGEON


Singapore features in The Music Curmudgeon's readership as well.
Ukraine and Sweden also and I put that down to the obvious fact that Ukrainian and Swedish women love The Music Curmudgeon as evidenced by the marriage proposals I receive from them on a regular basis.




THE FOOD CURMUDGEON

Indonesia features quite highly in the following of The Food Curmudgeon which is strange as, while I do like Indonesian dishes like satay and nasi goreng, I very rarely write about them.





THE CURMUDGEON'S AGONY AUNT


Ukraine features highly again with The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt and I think that this confirms that Ukrainian women think of The Curmudgeon as a babe magnet. Don't take my word for it. Here's what some random guy said:







THE WINE GUY


It's interesting that Russia is #2 in following The Wine Guy. I know that Russia is a massive wine consuming country but I don't think I have ever written of Russian wine. I must have written of the difficulty I experienced in trying to export wine to Russia at some stage but not enough posts to merit 18,000 views. I can only put it down to the 'chick magnet' effect.



Did you find that as interesting as I did?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m truly amazed at those stats but after analysing them and your posts can see that the multimillion readership is within your grasp. I can see from your posts that you are a caring and socially conscious person so monetising your blog isn’t your intention but, if it was you would do well.
Keep up the good work.

An observer.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Those millions must be a shy lot as they never comment...or maybe something else is going on dah dah dah daaaaah.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

An alternating pattern of two notes — "E and F" or "F and F sharp would denote mystery and danger better than Beethoven's Fifth.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, that post would have filled in a bit of time for you.