Monday 18 December 2023

TODAY'S MONDAY ....



I sat on the deck just outside our bedroom and read for a while before going for a swim.



We've had a cracker day today. Hopefully this is an indication that La Nina is here early after a long period of El Nino even though NIWA advises that it still might be a while:

"Of the models monitored by NIWA, there’s around a 100% chance of El NiƱo continuing through January 2024 and an 80% chance that the event persists through autumn 2024."

- NIWA



I've had enough of El Nino and am hoping that, after years of it, now La Nina will stay.


I went swimming for the first time this season which is late for me. Normally we go for dips from Labour weekend onwards but this year the variable weather with lots of rain prevented it. Before some old Christian or an ex-schoolteacher tells me that rain shouldn't prevent one from swimming as you get wet anyway I'll remind them that we live in a coastal environment with hills surrounding the bay. Rain causes run-off from farms and DOC blocks as well as from the roads and stormwater systems so, after rainfall the water is not clear and, while not hazardous for swimming is below par.


Anyway, I enjoyed my swim and stayed in the water for a long time. Some neighbours joined me and we had a convivial chat while soaking. Lovely.


After this I had to go into town for my second physiotherapy session for my hip tendinopathy. The first one was nearly two weeks ago and while initially feeling good afterwards I had some stiffness and pain last week. When asked by my dynamic therapist how I was feeling I said that I felt good initially after being mauled by her but a few days later had pain. This brought guffaws from the receptionist and another therapist who kept saying 'mauled' to each other. I thought it was the right usage as my therapist is a real tiger - strong as. She 'mauled' me again and, after testing, gave me some tougher exercises to do at home because my muscles are quite strong. When I told The Old girl later at home that the therapist said I was powerful she just looked at me and said "Yeah right." Women huh!


So how was your day?
















Oops! I almost forgot to tell you what I'm cooking for dinner - Tuna pasta bake. Basically a super macaroni cheese dish with tuna baked in the oven and served with fresh vegetable (broccoli and asparagus).

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Tuna pasta bake. Basically a super macaroni cheese dish with tuna baked in the oven and served with fresh vegetable (broccoli and asparagus)."

Looks like you had two fresh vegetables.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Tuesday: How's the tennis going.
No injuries or fights I hope.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Tennis was good but I only played for a hour as my hip was sore.
You’ll be disappointed to know that there were no fights.

Richard (of RBB) said...

It's good that you only played for an hour. 'an'

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What, you're trying to start a fight now?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I read the post.I remember a bit where the sea is polluted after rain, then there was a swim, physiotherapy and a mauling of your strong muscles.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Robert’s comments are a godsend. Without them we all might forget what the posts are about. He should become a professional critic.