Friday 15 December 2023

DOING A ROBERT

 Like Robert in his recent post, in this post I have nothing to gripe about.

I had a pleasant walk this morning - it was overcast and not too warm at 20℃ - along the Reotahi track.

I noticed that the defaced 'No Dogs' sign at the start of the track at our road's end has been replaced ...


... which is good but the sign at the other end of the track hasn't yet been replaced giving vacuous dog owners some sort of dingbat excuse.


Anyway, I met no dog-walkers on the track today.

The track has been nicely refurbished in the parts that were damaged by the cyclones earlier this year.



The materials were dropped in by helicopter:


I spotted a tractor for sale on my walk:


It's a nice one that has been refurbished. I like tractors and would like one but The Old Girl always comes up with practical reasons why we shouldn't have one, like:

  • There's no place to park it
  • We don't own a boat
  • We don't need one and,
  • You'll fall off it.
Fair enough.

I also spotted this:


It appears, going by the greeting, that Richard's friend Bin Hire is learning Te Reo but at this stage his spelling is suspect.

The speed limit changes are rolling out today I think which makes me happy. The petrol heads are kidding on that the coalition government has scrapped the plans but our local councillor clarified things on Facebook here:


How's your day going?

No comments: