Saturday 24 August 2024

THERE YOU GO ...

 I know that you readers have been waiting to hear about the progress of my woodshed conversion to toolshed - after all, what's the alternative on the blogs?

Today I finished clearing out the firewood scraps and debris and have made room for the garden tools. I can even get the wheelbarrow in there now.






Well, I'm happy.

I've loaded up the trailer and next week will take the rubbish to the tip (Re-Sort recycling station).




I'd go tomorrow but, it being a Sunday there will be no end of home-gardener guys trying to reverse their trailers up to the edge of the tipping pit. It'll be a nightmare.




I'll go when it's quieter. I'm OK with reversing a trailer but, like peeing at a urinal or teeing off at golf I prefer to do it without too many people about.



6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What a fantastic post!
This is what we need more of!
A series?
Could it be adapted for TV?
I just can't wait for the part where the rubbish goes to the tip!
Did any outside furniture get knocked over?
Any pregnant waitresses involved?
What a cracker!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Oops, I said it twice, but it's warranted.
An exceptional post!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes!
Thank you. While I hadn't planned on a follow up post or two .... maybe several, this endorsement is encouraging.
The double affirmation is, while I'm embarrassed to say, rather stimulating.
I accept.
Tomorrow I'll get cracking and write some more.
Thanks Richard of Richard's Bass Bag which, I'm reliably informed of, is the original bass bagging blog.

Rob said...

I agree. Especially when the back of the car is full of rubbish too. Am I allowed to say rubbish?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Of course you are. Why change your blogging behaviour now?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Get that trailer to the tip, you lazy old bugger.