Monday 17 October 2011

BANKS, BUGS, BOTHER AND BORGIAS

I'm at home today, having a day off.
That's a little joke as I have every day off but never-mind that is soon to change.


I am a bit crook today with symptoms of food poisoning. This is strange as yesterday I only ate the same things that the Old girl ate. Maybe she is putting powdered glass or poison in my food after all. Hey! She watched The Borgias last week! Perhaps she got some ideas and didn't like it that I fancy Joanne Whalley.


Oh well. I have been busy though. We are considering bidding at auction on Wednesday for a two bedroom, larger apartment in the same building where we have the one bedroom one. The advantage is that if we don't rent both out we can live in the 2 bedroom one. It also comes with two carparks which is a valuable consideration in central Auckland. The bank wants proof of earnings and assets etc. so I have been battling with the bloody scanners here at home. We have 4 of the damn things and none work properly. I hate these modern electronic machines. They are all flimsy and temperamental. See:

http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2011/07/printer-problems-read-description.html

I think that they misspelled Brother when they launched it. They really meant Bother.

2 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

You know what we geeks call Plug-n-paly devices?

Plug-n-Pray

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good luck with the apartment. I don't blame Lyn for trying to poison you.