Friday 1 June 2018

NEW ZEALAND's BEING SOLD DOWN THE RIVER







I ordered two pairs of Muck boots from Swanndri on-line nearly two weeks ago.
The promotion said that delivery would be made within 5 days and maybe even as quick as 3 days.
The confirmation email I received said:

"We have your order and its now with our dispatch team. As soon as the order is picked, packed and ready to be collected by the courier we will send you another email notifying you it's on the way. This email will also contain track and trace information.Allow for 3 to 5 business days for delivery, but we normally do get it to you sooner.Do not hesitate in contacting us if you have any concerns about your order. Our support team is based in New Zealand and can via email info@swanndri.co.nz"
Look at the link here the address of which is www.swanndri.co.nz - yes, NZ!

SWANNDRI


To leave at the back door


To leave at the front door


Today as I still hadn't received my order I contacted Swanndri (at the New Zealand email address supposedly at Woolston Christchurch and received this answer:

"Our apologies for the delay in dispatch. I can confirm both pairs are leaving our Australian warehouse this afternoon. I will send you the tracking information as soon as it is available."
What the fuck!

Everything on the website and in the communication received pointed to this being a New Zealand generated order. I thought that Swanndri was a New Zealand company.

I'm pissed off and feel like cancelling and asking for a credit. Original New Zealand iconic companies are being sold out.


8 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

What happened?

Richard (of RBB) said...

He was trying to buy a cross and a few nails.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard (of RBB) said...

Wow! Is TC deleting people's comments? I can never work out where the possessive apostrophe goes with the word "people's".

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

It's a miracle, that's wot it is.
See wot happens when you meddle with things you don't understand?


WOw delivery from Oz.

Does that mean a pair of complimentary funnel-webs with each pair?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Good point TSB. I'd better check when they arrive.
I'll be leaving one pair at the back door for going out into the garden and the other at the front door for going down to the beach and to the letterbox. These things attract spiders.
A few years back (when I was living in Auckland) I was bitten on the toe by a nasty white tail spider that was lurking in my gumboot. I wouldn't want to go through that again. See here : https://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2009/03/along-came-spider.html