Friday 4 January 2019

HOT AS A BASTARD*

* I don't know where that saying came from but remember my dad saying it. It was probably another of those WW1 and WW2 sayings that soldiers brought home with them from their experiences in North Africa.

I said "hot as a bastard" not "fat as a bastard".


It's getting real hot up here even though the weather has been a bit indifferent with strong winds and cloudy skies. Yesterday we drove up to Matapouri Bay and the sun came out fiercely like it does in Australia

*****************


This post isn't about the sun though which fortunately today is hiding.

Last night I made basil chicken chilli for dinner. I used one frozen red chilli from the freezer - not a large one. These have frozen well from last year's crop and I've had many meals from them. This dish though that I've cooked many times turned out to be too hot for The Old Girl and was only just marginal for me. I figure that freezing somehow concentrates the power of the chilli.




I couldn't find any information on the internet that proves this but also couldn't find any information that disproves it. I do know that this dish was a hell of a lot hotter than the last time I made it.



2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...


I wonder if cooking time lessens the perceived hot feeling on the tongue.

Richard (of RBB) said...

At Richard's Bass Bag* this would be called a 'filler post'.




* the original bass bagging site