Saturday 12 January 2019

I'VE REALLY GOT TO GET NEW GLASSES

Yesterday we went for a nice walk to Smugglers Bay. The weather was stunning and the walk, while strenuous for me in my unfit condition, was good.

We walked the track around the old gun emplacements and up and over the hill to Smugglers Bay.


There's a lovely beach here where sometimes we swim but had decided to delay our swim until we were home and to swim in the bay outside or house.

I was standing at the end of the boardwalk overlooking the beach and The Old Girl came up to me and reminded me that we weren't stopping and were off over another hill to the carpark.




"I was just thinking of sitting on the sand over there" I said pointing to a prone figure lying on a towel.

She looked at me and said "Why? Do you think that woman in the water might be naked?"

I said "No, but that one lying down is" pointing to the prone figure on the towel.

The Old Girl had a quick look and then looked at me quizzically. "Matey, that's a man but if you want to go over there don't let me stop you".

I scrunched up my glasses and had another look and sure enough it was a young guy lying on his stomach getting a suntan on his back. I mumbled something and shamefacedly made my way back along the boardwalk to the track well aware without looking that The Old Girl would be smirking.

No comments: