Monday 28 January 2019

MONDAY MORNING 5 AM ........

...... SOME OBSERVATIONS.


I rose at 5 AM this morning which is pretty good for an old retired joker.

No doubt Robert would have been up for at least 3 hours playing WOLFENSTEIN  or something on his computer before going off to clean some grubby people's houses. Why do cleaners have to start work so early when they clean other people's houses? What's that about?

Richard would have been awakened by a nightmare about chickens at about the same time that I got up. This is a good thing as he'll need to start getting up early again now that school is back. Old teachers are pretty lucky in that after they retire, because there is a shortage of them they can keep coming back to look after classes forever. As long as they don't die on the job all is OK although, I guess, if they died but still managed to sit upright in a chair at the front desk the school authorities would be happy.


Old marketers don't get this opportunity but I'm sure that there would be a valid argument for them coming back part-time to babysit the naive young marketing managers and sales teams who tend to fuck up everything they do. Empirical knowledge is the way ahead not fancy schmancy theoretical book learnin' ...... but I digress.

I actually woke after a strange dream where I was wrestling a gun off a guy in a car. Initially it was a shotgun but then morphed into an air rifle. I was trying to pull the gun off him but couldn't get enough arm movement. When I woke I realised it was because I was tangled up in the bedsheet. I told The Old Girl (T.O.G.) about the dream and she blamed it on the medication I'm taking.

I had to get up early to take T.O.G. to the airport. It's nice getting out on the road early particularly today as it's Auckland and Northland Anniversary day so there was no other traffic on the road for miles. If it had stayed dark and a full moon had come out I might have turned the headlights off ...... but then I'd have got a bollocking from T.O.G. As it was dawn broke quickly and it became light by 6AM. It's about a half hour drive to town and the airport and I dropped T.O.G. off at 6.30.

It was still too early for shopping as supermarkets in our area don't open until about 8AM. I drove to BP service station for petrol and bought a container of fresh milk there. I also bought one of those 'Classic' cooked sausages that the BP cafes sell. These are smashing and would go really well inside a slice of buttered bread with tomato sauce but even on their own they are good. That was my breakfast. Fat and protein.

It was pleasant driving around the bays to and from the airport at that early hour. I must get up early more often ......


..... or not.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm not really afraid of chickens, hey but if it gives you something to write about...