Monday 7 January 2019

BIRTHDAY GIRL

It's The Old Girl's birthday today and it's a beautiful sunny day.

She has spent most of it continuing the 3 days of spring cleaning she's been doing as she has a friend from canada coming to stay later in the week.
I feel a little bit guilty but she knows that my cleaning skills are not up to much - OCD would help - and whatever I did she'd just go over it again anyway.

I must admit that every room now looks beautiful and clean with a distinct absence of cobwebs, dirt and dust.

I've been forbidden from using the guest bathroom - "don't you dare matey!" and will have to take care not to mess up anything before the guest has come and gone.

We're going out to our favourite restaurant this evening which will be nice. This is right on the water at The Basin in Whangarei.



They do great seafood and gourmet pizzas  there but my favourite is a gnocchi dish which is the best I've ever tasted. A glass of Champagne and dinner on the deck overlooking the millionaires yachts while eating dinner on a warm evening will be just the thing. Romantic.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Happy birthday Lyn and both of you have a great night. xx

Richard (of RBB) said...

So, how was dinner? I hope you didn't go on too much about windows or give any pregnant waitresses a hard time.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks.
It was great although management has changed and food and service wasn't as good.
We'll go to our other favourite restaurant on 2 Feb for our '31st 'anniversary '

Richard (of RBB) said...

Three ' ' ' s in a row!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Lynn pulls me up for similar grammatical mistakes. I guess you can take old teachers out of school but you can't take school out of the old teachers.

Robert and the Catholics said...

Yes I see your meaning but we still have a responsibility to help them back into the real world showing love and compassion.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

If that 'real world' is your 'real world' Robert then I'm sure that 'they' whoever they are will be better off where they are.