Friday 25 January 2019

TOO DAMNED HOT






ANN MILLER

Ann Miller recorded a film of singing Too Darn Hot as well but Ella's version is better.
Ann is easier on the eye though.

Hot, hot, hot today but fortunately tempered by a few cooling breezes.
When the breezes dropped though the sun was 'heavy' and it was uncomfortable to stay outside too long. I was going to do some weeding - "Yeah right" said The Old girl - so have put that off for another day.

I read that in Adelaide temperature records have been broken with temperatures over 46 degrees which has resulted in people being hospitalised. The Old Girl is off there for 3 weeks work at the end of February so hopefully the heatwave might have dissipated by then.

46 degrees is 'too darn hot'. I remember being in West Australia down Pemberton way in January in the late 1990s. We were looking at vineyards and the temperature was over 44 degrees C. Too damned hot! Even with big floppy hats on the sun felt heavy on our heads and it made just walking around difficult. I'd hate to be in those temperatures all the time.


It was hot in Wellington and Paraparaumu the other day as well but not as hot as here. Wellington- surprise, surprise was also windy - a hot wind which was drying and exhausting and I think contributed to the migraine I got when I was at the airport. Dehydration.

I think I'm a cold weather person really which explains why i love mountains and the snow.


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I thought Ann Miller made the point pretty well.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sissy! I work nearly 12 hour days here in Wellington and just need water and good company!