Saturday 26 January 2019

I'M GETTING LAZIER


I went for a dip this morning after my walk. It was hot and sunny and the water was clear and beautiful.
I took my body board with me as a flotation device as I planned to stay in for a while. Lovely.


The Old Girl joined me about a quarter of an hour later after she'd been for her run. She swam a bit as she's a much better swimmer than I am  and I asked her for a tow.

"What?" she asked.

"A tow" I said holding up the rope attachment on the body board that surfers use to connect the board to them.

"(Explicative off)" she said.

"Come on, be a sport" I said and repeated the request ad nauseum until I wore her down.

She swam over to me and I handed her the light rope that has a velcro ankle attachment. She snapped it on her ankle and started swimming. It worked amazingly well and she swam back and forth, towing me along until she got tired. Readers will be pleased to know that I was OK.



HER



ME




It must have looked funny to the odd passerby.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm still working on an appropriate comment.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It's just wonderful moment they shared!