Wednesday 8 February 2023

IT'S LIKE .....

 Look - you know me - I'm easy-going and 'vitriol' might as well be some new car engine additive but what gets my motor running (do you see what I did there?) is the ridiculous use of hyperbole in everyday language.

I really hate it when someone use the word 'literally' in an inappropriate context like - "I literally died laughing". I wish that they had.

I've mentioned before how the use of the word 'so' to begin a statement drives me nuts. Even Richard has started to use it. See: "So I couldn't think of what to write about this morning, so I thought I'd literally bore the pants off you all with the process I used to tidy up our shed."

Some people use negating phrases like 'fairly unique' or double up with expressions like 'I personally' and 'at this moment in time'. Sheesh!

Robert tends to make exaggerated statements without the use of 'so' and literally' like this: "I trust the magisterium and writings of the saints in the one true Catholic Church established by Jesus the Son of God" and  "human souls are falling like hail to Hell's fires everyday", along with this doozy - "only the Catholic church knows what the Bible means".



So, at the the end of the day, I personally, at this moment in time, with all due respect, absolutely believe that Robert literally, is fairly unique in his opinions and  should express them 24/7. I mean, it's not rocket science.





4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Thanks for the compliment, I think!
But you really annoy me by having no reasonable argument for denying the existence of God.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You've got that arse about face Sparky.
It's up to you and the other christians who make things up to prove the existence of god. It's only logical. You don't have to prove that something doesn't exist other than just looking around.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

When I look around I see the hand of God in everything He made.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I’ve seen amateur potters leaving their hand prints on their creations by mistake too.