Thursday 2 February 2023

IT'S RAINING AGAIN ....

 


I got home late last night and inspected the deluge damage of the last few days. Whilst I didn't go to tennis - it was overcast but not raining - I had some jobs to do and had a doctor's appointment (all OK - I have my yearly W.O.F.) and then did some shopping. Fresh produce from the supermarket to stock up the fridge and a visit to Mitre 10 to take advantage of their 'big' sale. I bought a weed sprayer that I'd done some research on that was very heavily discounted and, if the rain ever stops, will try out on those pesky weeds that have run riot this Summer. I won't go into too much detail on the sprayer today because - you guessed it - there will be a post pending.

As I said - it's raining again here and in Auckland, exacerbating the woes of those unfortunates who've had their houses, property and businesses flooded. Bastard!

I blame god, or Noah or Robert or someone.

I've got to go now - I was going to tell you about my 'bug bomb' activity today but ..... that can wait for - you guessed it - there will be another post pending.

My dinner is ready - bacon and egg pie with boiled potatoes.  I do make a damned good bacon and egg pie and this will be a good example. There may be some scoffers (not Escoffieres) who malign the humble potato, as The Old Girl does but a well cooked boiled potato served with a bit of ground black pepper and butter or margarine is a treat. As The Old Girl is away I can indulge so will complement my bacon and egg pie with a couple of boiled potatoes. 


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Enjoy. Okay, you probably already have.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Silver iodide was tried during WW2. In the eighteenth century the French tried firing canons into clouds.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That was to induce rainfall not stop it.