Friday 27 July 2018

WANKER

Now that title could apply to many of my posts and many of my blog readers (including myself).

In this case it relates to the dick I followed in to town this morning.

He was towing a cage trailer behind his car and a couple kms after he pulled in front of me from a side road the rear gate of the trailer snapped open and continually swung from wide open to closed.

At the wide open point it actually covered parts of the footpath , walking areas or road verge depending on where the car was travelling.

The gate was swinging out  at right angles to the trailer.

I flashed my lights and beeped the horn but the driver took no notice.

On the drive into town (25 minutes) I continually flashed the headlights and beeped but the stupid arsehole paid no attention.

I wound down the drivers window and made the universal signal to pull over in case he was watching in his rearview mirror.

Not this one although I should have used it



.
This one where for a car you point your arm out and bend it up over the roof pointing to the left.





The dickhead didn't look in his mirror even though I was flashing, beeping and gesticulating.


Now you might wonder why I was taking so much trouble. It's because a gate flying open on one of these trailers while being towed at between 80 and 100 km is bloody dangerous not only to the driver but especially to pedestrians and cyclists. In a 70km area with no footpaths I saw up ahead a guy standing at the edge of the road. Fortunately as the car and trailer passed him the gate moved back to the closed position only to fly back out wide about 50 metres later. Bloody lucky pedestrian!

I continually hooted and flashed but the stupid arsehole up front paid no attention.

When we reached a 50km area before the town he finally noticed something and indicated that he was pulling over.
I pulled in behind him and got out. I asked him why he had ignored my signalling for the last 20 minutes or so. The stupid arsehole looked a bit blank and said that he'd only just looked in his mirror and noticed that the gate was open. I told him that I'd tried to get his attention for ages. 
"Haven't you got a horn" he said so I told him how dangerous his driving had been and that I was doing him a favour as  if he'd continued to drive through town like that he would have definitely collected a pedestrian, a cyclist or at least a parked car. The arsehole then got huffy and aggressive. I told him he was an idiot and got in my car and drove off.

What a wanker!






4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, what a wanker!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

So what kind of universal hand signal did you give him to go with this touchy-feely christian sentiment then?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Note: Robert's comment was not removed as it had some relevancy.