Saturday 7 July 2018

THIS SHOULD MAKE YOU SMILE

The journey in life of growing old is even better than I could have imagined when I was young.
I've hooked up with some other old buggers up here in the north and we play golf, badminton, tennis, bowls and go walking and kayaking - keeping as reasonably fit as our old bones and various disabilities allow.

We all draw pensions and other superannuations (sorry Robert) to keep us in funds and several of us spend time on community projects. It's great swapping stories on our lives, debating politics (never religion) and sorting out life's problems. Such fun! I only wish that my old wellington mates were up here as well.

Tonight listening to National Radio I heard Cockney Rebel (Steve Harley) singing that wonderful Make Me Smile song from the 1970s.
I checked it out on-line and downloaded a copy below along with a much more recent acoustic version (and chat) from Steve Harley.

It made me smile. I hope it does for you as well.


MAKE ME SMILE


MAKE ME SMILE AGAIN

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's a good attitude old fella. Just don't fall down any banks - buy your golf balls at the shop. Why don't you old up north guys talk about religion?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Why don't you old up north guys talk about religion?"

Because we are intelligent and rational people.