Friday 6 July 2018

I GOT A RAISE

My boss Jacinta gave me a raise this week.




Thanks Jacinta.

It's only temporary for the next three months but I'm very grateful.
Obviously I've been doing my retirement duties well.
I don't expect that Richard got a raise. While he's a bit old and doolally he doesn't appear to embrace retirement the way he should. He still goes off to school a few days here and there (or, at least, that's what he tells Shelley!)



To celebrate I went and picked up another trailer load of wood which cost me $110, nearly a month's worth of my raise.



My woodshed that my neighbour Rod built for me when I was in Canada has proven to be most useful



It's really roomy and can take quite a few loads.




It's a glorious day here today so, after my afternoon tea I'm off outside again to do some gardening.


******************



This riveting post has been brought to you by The Curmudgeons Inc ⓒ

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I do not mind helping to pay your power bill.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's a very sad thing to say Robert. I remember when, for quite a few years, you were on the dole. I probably supported you through that. Maybe this is your turn?