Saturday 28 July 2018

TIP TOP*


* (Not the ice-cream company).




I made a wholemeal loaf this afternoon and, as I was hungry cut a slice and had it with Havarti cheese while it was still warm.

⚡FLASH⚡This took me right back to the 1960s when, on Sunday evenings after Sunday Mass (yes Robert it did happen) we would call in to Tip Top bakery in Newtown to buy bread and buns.


Tip Top bakery (previously Denhard's I think) in the 1960s


I'm not certain but think that it was only on Sunday afternoons that the bakery sold directly to the public then. It was really special to eat the still warm bread with our Sunday night tea.

Memory is triggered by smells, tastes, sounds and other sensations  which more than often can take us right back to time and place.

See from previous posts:

COFFEE AND CAKE


MY MADELEINE


This is what the warm sandwich did for me this afternoon.

Lovely.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly I preferred Richard (of RBB)'s last post to this nonsense.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Frank?
No, there was no Frank in the post, perhaps you didn't read it properly Anonymous.
I'm sure that Robert forgives you though.