Tuesday 28 August 2018

HYPOCHONDRIA



Now I know that I'm bad enough  - and The Old Girl has banned me from consulting our big medical book and the internet when I think that there's something wrong with me. I usually self-diagnose that I have Chikungunya fever, Chagas disease or West Nile virus when it's really a cold, sunburn or cramp- but friend and neighbour Rod is even worse.

He wasn't at tennis this morning so I sent him a text to ask what was up.
"I'm a bit crook mate" he said and later texted "I might have to write my will I think I'm dying"



Of course I ignored this but did call around to see him after tennis and he did look like shit.





Later in the afternoon he sent me a text saying that he thought he had Leptospirosis and he was getting a bit wound up about it.
I called him and established that his wife was at work so I offered to drive him to the White Cross Emergency clinic in town. I picked him up and we did that with me trying to keep as far as possible away from the sad looking sodden pile that he was. We waited around at the clinic until he was seen and he was checked over for about a half hour.

No Leptospirosis.

Maybe Flu - the doctor gave him a prescription for something but said don't have it filled yet - see how you are in a couple of days first.

More likely a cold aka 'Man Flu'



And I thought that I was bad.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm bad too. Sorry.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

So, what was your ailment?

Beri Beri?
Yellow Fever?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.