Friday 3 August 2018

BEING SLIGHTLY JEWISH





I said in a comment on Robert's post recently that I was Jewish.
He seemed to accept this equanimously as he didn't ask why then did I attend catholic schools.

Oh well.

My sister is our family 'historian' having for years researched our ancestry and has built up a family tree. On my father's side of the family, linking through a maternal grandmother and going back several generations to the late 1700s we had a branch of the family by the name of Franklin who lived in Cornwall and Yorkshire. The registered births all show biblical names. At first my sister assumed that, like a lot of the other family links the Franklins were Methodists but she now thinks that they were Jewish.



In my early years of university in the 1970s I was interested in going to Israel to work on a Kibbutz as some New Zealand students did at the time.



I didn't do this as you may know and, to be honest, my ambition wasn't driven by any socio-political aspirations but was more prurient in nature.



2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

This is like a half post.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, while you were thinking of 'post' puns, didn't 'winning post' come up?