Saturday 18 August 2018

MY CAT

I was reminiscing with my cat yesterday about the houses we've lived in.
She's eighteen going on nineteen and we've lived in a few places

She first lived in number 4 Harbour View Road Point Chevalier until she adopted us living at number 2 Harbour View Road.

We then moved briefly to number 5 Harbour View Road  before buying a house in St Michaels Avenue Point Chevalier.

While renovating this house we bought another in Wainui Avenue Point Chevalier before returning to St Michaels Avenue.

We then moved from there to our present McLeod Bay residence.

Willow tells me then that she's lived in six different houses.

I'm not really convinced that she does remember but won't be able to put it to the test. When she moved from number 4 Harbour view Drive to number 2, as there were no boundary fences I guess she just assumed that all of the garden and lawn areas and access to the beach was all her domain.



When we moved to number 5 which was across the road and down about 50 metres she used to trot back down to numbers 2 and 4 during the day for a couple of hours before returning. She never stayed away long.

"I told you that I'd be back"


Rosie the dog used to alert me to the fact that Willow was trotting down the road. She would anxiously keep an eye on her travel from the end of the driveway and bark to me.

"That damned cat's gone again"


When we had the holiday house in McLeod Bay we brought Willow up for weekends and holiday periods and she happily settled down for the stay without fretting.

Willow on holiday


This made it easier when we finally relocated to McLeod Bay (different house) and we had no concerns about Willow trying to head off back to Auckland.

She settled in well and it's been her home for nine years now.












2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A story of a cat - I'm struggling to hold back the tears!
Wainui Road? I think you meant Nuova Lazio Road.
Detail is important to us readers - all two of us.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, only you Wainuiomartians.