Monday 13 August 2018

THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND - TWO

A while ago I wrote a post:


THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND


The list wasn't exhaustive so while I'm waiting around this morning for The Old Girl to FaceTime call from Canada before I go to the gym I thought that I'd wrack my brains to find some more.



1. RELIGION

Well this is really a given and the odd (really odd) posts from Robert in themselves prove the incomprehensibility of this subject so I'll leave that there.



2. SLEEPLESSNESS

We all need sleep so why can't some of us sleep properly at night?
Some nights I wake at about 1.30 and have to read for a couple of hours before being able to go to sleep again. when I wake, or the alarm or cat wakes me at about 7 I feel sleepy again and could easily sleep for another couple of hours. What's that about?



3. CAT'S EATING HABITS

My cat is admittedly old and getting cranky and fussy but it bewilders me why she will eat some foods and not others. It's not as if I'm giving her non-cat food that she hasn't had before but sometimes she just turns her nose up. I will buy some yummy looking treat - the sloppier the better and she will wolf it down so I buy more of this when I next go shopping. When I give it to her, after I've invested in about a dozen packets or cans of the stuff she'll no longer eat it. I then have to go through the whole routine again with several different variants.




4. THE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER ... IN FACT ANY INTERNET SOCIAL PLATFORMS

Every time I set some kind of security on the Apps or platforms I use, somehow they seem to forget the settings and have to be done again. On Facebook no matter what kind of restrictions you set there is always a queue of idiotic strangers wanting to befriend you. On Youtube a whole lot of new and unwanted recommendations are waiting for you. On Google some nutter is posting about The Holy Ghost or guitar practice practise practice (bugger it).
Netflix, Lightbox and similar film viewing websites offer  a month or so free viewing but somehow haven't remembered to have a reminder set in to the 'subscription' when the free month is up and will immediately start charging for the service.



5. SHRINKAGE

In this case the shrinkage of consumer items available in supermarkets.
I bought some Quality Bakers English muffins the other day. I swear that they are way smaller than the ones I bought last time (a couple of years ago). I asked, on their website why this was so and haven't yet had an answer. It t seems that consumable items from Muesli bars to bars of soap are getting progressively smaller, what will be the final outcome? Food tablets like we've seen in Sci Fi movies?




6. HOUSE NOISES

Last night again I had to get up to check a noise ..... actually this is a big topic so I might dedicate a post to this later.





 FaceTime is calling - I've got to go.



3 comments:

Robert and the Catholics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

1. I never discuss religion, politics and (what was the third thing, there's always a third!)

BULLSHIT! YOU 'BANG ON' ABOUT RELIGION ALL THE TIME.

2. If you do not drink you will sleep better but that's no fun.

BULLSHIT! IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU DRINK. RED WINE FOR EXAMPLE CAN LEAD TO SLEEP DISORDER.

3. I have a client that force feeds her healthy dog! Maybe you two should catch up.

BULLSHIT! FORCE FEEDING AN ANIMAL IS CRUEL AND DANGEROUS. NO DOUBT YOU LIKE FOIS GRAS.


4. Delete all friends and never comment on the Mayor's page.

BULLSHIT. I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS (on Facebook) AND WILL COMMENT ON YOUR NUTTY MAYOR'S PAGE IF IT GETS UP YOUR NOSE.

5. Shop at Pac n Save or go to the coffee bar in Eastbourne!

BULLSHIT! FUCKING PAK 'N' SAVE IS AS BAD AS ANY OF THEM AND THAT'S WHERE SOME CUNT RAMMED A DENT IN MY CAR.

6. This is a good one. Keep us posted!

BULLSH ..... ER OK.

Anonymous said...

Go to bed boys. Both of you!