Monday 3 June 2019

GOODBYE AND THANKS FOR .....



"I'll keep refuting the existence of a mythical, non-sensical entity and continue to denounce the evil, money-grabbing organisations that promulgate this nonsense to weak minded, insecure and needy people."
That's what I said in a comment on Robert's blog as a response to his challenge:
"... your silly observations that are a last ditch effort to refute God".
Well it's been fun I must say. I enjoy baiting Robert as his silly christian beliefs make no sense and his floundering about trying to justify them are funny. Like most christians his arguments usually run to the - 'you have to have faith' rider when logic and commonsense exposes the flaws in the bible, the catechism and the weird and silly tenets of christianity (and other religions).

But, it's time to finish with this.
I don't believe in god or gods. I think christianity and in particular catholicism is a load of nonsense. I think all other religions prey on the weaknesses and uncertainties of the 'believers' who embrace them and lead to intolerance, violence and the subjugation of will. Buddhism alone may have some saving 'graces' but I'm not going to adopt it.

I can see that there have been some good things in religions: - provision of places of sanctuary; an escape for people suffering from mental problems; teaching of kindness, conscience, morality and ethics - but, these things aren't solely the domain of religions. Art galleries, museums and elegant public buildings can create feelings of sanctuary as can mountains, rivers, canyons and the seaside.
Morality, ethics and conscience can and should be life's drivers for everyone. We don't need religion and archaic teachings to tell us this.

I'm going to cease making comments about gods and religion unless I am making an observation of a current event or reminiscing on my childhood (I was brought up and educated as a catholic).
I'm going to stop reading Robert's posts that are about religion and won't comment on them. I will read and comment as appropriate (or in my case as inappropriate) on his posts that are not about religion.


3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Wise and intelligent thoughts.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Now you'll have more time to enjoy Richard's Bass Bag.*
We have some exciting new posts coming up, including 'How The Bass Works', 'The Dominant 7th Chord Works With The Tritone', and 'Violin String Chat'.
Just sit back and enjoy!





* the original bass bagging site

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Oh god no. Have I done the right thing?