Thursday 13 June 2019

(MID)WINTER'S DREAM

We are experiencing a fabulous week of weather despite what the forecasters have predicted.








Blue skies, no wind and it's warm.


I've played tennis today and pottered in the garden. I didn't go to the gym because I hurt my back there on Tuesday using one of the weight machines. Silly really as I didn't change the setting down to something manageable and felt something give when I was doing the repetitions.

I'm typing this while listening to Rossini's The Barber of Seville. I have doors and windows open and it's magic. We're going to see NZ Opera perform this in Auckland on Saturday. I often listen to a production before going to see it live. This kind of sets the mood and I find that when watching the live performance if I know what music is coming up next it enhances the experience. Opera is always full of 'filler' which can be a bit boring.

NZ Opera
NZ Opera







That reminds me - I need a haircut so better get one on Monday.






5 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Who wrote the opera?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Rossini (as I said in the post).

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Name one song from it the we all know!

Richard (of RBB) said...

UPDATE TIME

THE WINE GUY said...

Auckland