Wednesday 5 June 2019

SOME HEADLINES




I downloaded a news app onto my desk-top computer today.
I have a NZ Herald app on my iPad and get a good chunk of my news from this even though, I know, it has right wing sentiments. I try and balance this by using a world news app as well where I can read highlights from The Guardian, NY Times and some liberal news sources.

The STUFF app I downloaded has a lot of New Zealand news in very small 'sound' bites which are dominated by a large headline. Some of these are disturbing, some are interesting and some are funny.

Here's a cross section of today's ones:

Cows 'arrested' after invading Whangārei school
Well I guess I live in a rural part of New Zealand so shouldn't be surprised.

Newborn rabbits and mum rescued after being dumped in a skip in Lower Hutt

I assume that they mean the rabbits 'mum' but then again, this is Lower Hutt so anything can happen down there.

Speed limits too high on vast majority of New Zealand roads, NZTA estimates

I'm all for a reduction of the speed limit on any roads that aren't motorways, freeways or have been built for higher speed driving. The windy and poorly maintained roads should never have 100km limits.


Cardinal George Pell set to appeal child sex convictions in Melbourne court

What doesn't this arsehole understand about contrition and facing up to his responsibilities?


Cardinal George Pell may face Vatican trial over sexual abuse claims

Maybe the catholic church can sort him out.


Harrison Ford says NZ holiday with whānau has inspired him to give solo skydiving a go

'Solo skydiving'? Shouldn't that be 'Hans Solo skydiving?


Spice Girls world tour has '50/50' chance of happening

Well they are a 'half-arsed' show after all.


YouTube star sentenced to prison for tricking homeless man into eating an Oreo biscuit filled with toothpaste.

The weirdness that goes on in USA.



1 comment: