Tuesday 4 June 2019

POLLUTION

Don't you just hate it when a building is abandoned or pulled down and an empty lot is created and very soon graffiti appears or even worse - advertising billboards.


These annoying forms of advertising are distracting to the eye when driving and can cause pedestrians to damage their neck muscles looking up or worse, get knocked down by a car through inattention.

More often than not these advertising billboards have nothing useful to say and are in fact, visual pollution.

*******************

Robert, in recent posts and comments has mounted his high horse and berated me for planning to use my wood-burners to stave off winter chill. He conveniently seems to have forgotten his crowing at carelessly and irresponsibly wasting electricity by using indoor heaters just because he was given free electricity as a gift. His use of dangerous cleaning agents on a regular and permanent basis also conveniently slips his memory. This is pollution as much as my (if I use them) wood-burners.

As stated above though there are other types of pollution. I've taken steps to limit my output of religious pollution by no longer posting and commenting on silly religious things. I wish Robert would follow suit. Richard though, on reading my post immediately took advantage to suggest that he will promulgate annoying and unnecessary music stuff:
"Now you'll have more time to enjoy Richard's Bass Bag.*
We have some exciting new posts coming up, including 'How The Bass Works', 'The Dominant 7th Chord Works With The Tritone', and 'Violin String Chat'.
Just sit back and enjoy!"

Pollution?

Yes, I think so.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, it's not as if whales are choking on violin strings. When is the last time you saw a double bass bow floating next to plastic bottles in the harbour? Try cleaning a bathroom with bass rosin and see if there are any toxins given off!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The pollution refers to the advertising and promotion, not the music or the instruments.

Have you been taking reading lessons from Robert?

Richard (of RBB) said...

So, I come over here and read your crappy post and all I get is abuse. With you and Robert fighting, I'm the only person who reads this silly blog. I'd be nice to my customer if I were you. Over at RBB we have numerous readers.

Robert ka kite i nga mea i te rangi said...

I just signed up to Catholic Answers on face book maybe we could all discuss this with thousands watching and listening. Maybe Trent Horn will fly Curmudgeon to California for a debate!

Richard (of RBB) said...

So, good old Trent Horn has all the answers. He obviously has money too if he's prepared to fly TC over there. Obviously Robert is now in with 'ihe in crowd'.

Richard (of RBB) said...

'the in crowd'.


Robert is like Bryan Ferry!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Trent Horn?

Yes, I'm up for it.
I see that he's a catholic apologist.
We should have something in common. I've been apologising for being a catholic to my friends for years - particularly to my female friends who have been systematically oppressed by the catholic church in areas of representation, involvement, inclusion and the rights to manage their own bodies in terms of sexual relationships, contraception and abortion.

It should be a good debate and I like California.
Can I stay at Dana Point where I had a great conference a few years back?