Sunday 2 June 2019

SOME SUNDAY THINGS

It's cold today but the sun is out and it's not raining so I can't complain*
I swept the chimneys the other day so that I can emit planet destroying vapours  - according to Robert who believes in some sort of holy vapour that he prays to. My belief is that he's been inhaling too much of the unholy vapours he uses in his cleaning duties. I brought in some wood from the shed and set the fire in the lounge which I'll light later in the afternoon.

Having a fire is good for getting rid of newspapers and the odd bit of reading material and other rubbish that has to go.


This will make for a cosy setting later as The Old Girl is preparing a lamb casserole for dinner.

Sadly Willow's not here to enjoy it

************



I baked an apricot and ginger fruit loaf which has just come out of the oven. Yummy. This will be ideal for our afternoon tea.

***********

I put out sugar soaked breadcrumbs for the little birds this morning. I noticed some seagulls hovering so I'll be able to experiment with my new purchase the uzi lookalike air-soft gun.


This cost $35 at a discount store and should be a better deterrent than the previous rubbish items I've bought.






* That's not entirely true as I usually find something to complain about. I'll check the other blogs and see if Robert has some more regurgitated nonsense to expound after his weekly indoctrination session at his local church.

9 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Caring for the environment starts with the little people.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Caring for the environment starts with the little people."

I tried to get kids to go up my chimneys to clean them and make them more environmentally friendly but the parents wouldn't let them

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

The little people are you and me.
Big Cheen is really a little person too.
Unless we start to make small steps to save the earth what moral right do we have to demand that our elected politicians follow our lead.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sorry but I'm certain that 'Big Cheen' wouldn't go up my chimney.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It's nice to see that you've moved away from christianity to environmentalism.

It's a shame though that you bring to it the same arrogance and intolerance that you employ in your promotion of the bible and the catechism.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

No. But I'm sure he would willingly block it with his slim body if it gave his children a better world.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I love the way anti environmentalists and atheists have only one recourse at the end. That is to be offensive.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I find, as a curmudgeon that it gets things done.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Not really. I just think "Poor Peter has no reasonable reply".