Monday 2 September 2019

ARE YOU SHORT AND FAT? *








I just learned today that the great Randy Newman is performing in Auckland in February.
We are going to book ASAP so as not to miss out. I like Randy Newman's music having first heard his songs sung by Harry Nilsson on Nilsson Sings Newman (1970). While Newman had recorded before, I first heard him singing his songs on Sail Away (1972) an album that I still like to listen to.

I bought other albums like Good Old Boys and Little Criminals which are excellent but in recent years haven't been buying albums (discs or CDs) and tend to listen or download via the internet. YouTube is my favoured platform nowadays.

Anyway, this will be a concert not to be missed so I'll have to get The Old Girl to call in to the Civic and get tickets as I no longer trust buying concert tickets on-line since we got scammed last year.




Rollin, rollin'
Ain't gonna worry no more
Rollin, rollin
Ain't gonna worry no more







* I'm shrinking with age and expanding a bit at the same time

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Enjoy.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well we made the booking which means that Lynn will have to travel from Wellington to Auckland to go to it.
I then noticed that there is a Wellington concert that we could have gone to and maybe catch up with you at it.
are you going to go?