Tuesday 24 September 2019

GONE

A good friend died this morning - Dave Needham.
I was in contact with him a couple of weeks ago as Geoff had told me that he was unwell. we arranged to meet up in wellington early next year. Now it will be sooner.

Dave was one of the guys at Murray Roberts where Geoff, Robert, Richard, Tony, Mark and other friends worked in the 1970s. I'd lost touch with him a bit since giving up work. When I was working, even though I lived in Auckland I had work trips to Wellington and would often meet up with Dave and his wife Jane.

Dave was a couple of years older than the rest of us but I hope that this isn't 'the start'.
I think that Noel and Beverly have passed on. I'd lost touch with them years ago and recently found obituaries for (maybe them) in Tauranga. Sad.

"You are gone.
Three words.
And not one
of them
exists now in any
other context."
From At The Gate by Henrik Nordbrandt




.



12 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

You are God means a couple do!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Did I wake you ,sorry. But two words can exist in another context!

I'm beginning to wonder if you even understand what you copy!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry Rob but whatever you were trying to say with those comments felt very inappropriate.

THE CURMUDGEON said...


It's a poem Robert. Give the guy (Henrik Nordbrandt) some poetic licence.

Robert I'm beginning to wonder if you understand what empathy, context, compassion and sympathy are.
You bang on about christianity, catholicism, values etc but when it comes down to it you are unfeeling. That's the way I see it.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Sorry I was just struggling to understand Henrik.
It sounded to me like you were saying Dave does not exist anymore.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Dave now exists in our memories as will happen to us all in time.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I appreciate the apology and that you removed the flippant comment on your blog. Well done.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I am here to serve.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, I don't see it that way. You are here to contribute in a community.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

What are you here for then?

Anonymous said...

I've changed my mind. Go back to being a servant.