Tuesday 24 September 2019

POWER TO THE (OLD) PEOPLE




I changed electricity providers this month.

Genesis Energy drastically increased the price of their electricity with the result that I was paying about $30 more a month for the same usage as before.

A friend at the PROBUS club meeting I attended suggested going to Grey Power energy (PULSE).
I contacted them and learned that the average monthly saving I would have with them was about $30!
I signed up. The agent from Grey Power told me that they would handle the transfer without me having to do anything but that Genesis would be in continual contact trying to win me back. This has happened with, surprise - surprise an offer of reduced power rates (locked in with a 12 month minimum contract) and a $150 sweetener. A little bit too late I think. Why couldn't they have done this earlier?

Utility companies take existing customers for granted. They get used to us month after month paying for their products and services and think nothing about sneaking up the prices. At the same time they have discounted deals and inducements and free gifts for new subscribers bringing prices down below what the regular and loyal customers are paying. Do they think that we're stupid? Do they think we don't see the offers to others?

Bastards!


No comments: