Sunday 15 September 2019

HEALTH - IT'S ALL RELATIVE


I just got back from Auckland where I went for the weekend. As we are going to either sell the apartment later in the year or rent it out we need to de-clutter it.

I drove down for a change with plastic bins and bubble wrap and we packed up clothes, electronics, glasses, crockery, pots and pans, shoes and other stuff that The Old Girl has accumulated in a year and a half. Amazing. It hardly made a dent in the place and another couple of car trips will be necessary before the final trip for furniture for which I'll hire a van.

The Old Girl is suffering from the worst cold she's had for a lifetime and, in the interest of sharing she passed it on to me last weekend when she was up here. I'm a few days behind her in the life-cycle of this cold and I'm not enjoying it. I'd go into detail but frankly it pales into insignificance compared to the trials and tribulations that Robert's wife Sue is enduring. Robert said in his latest post (soon to be deleted) that Sue was hospitalised on Saturday. I hope that she is OK and can get back home soon.
Hospital is horrible but, the dedicated and underpaid hospital workers have my respect. I trust that Sue has some good ones. Robert seems to have the process sussed - beating the ambulance to the hospital in order to be there for admission and to speed up administration. I wonder if he has one of those stick-on emergency lights that cops use in TV shows.


Good on him.

After all the stress and organisation he had to return home to cook his stepson a roast dinner. It's a shame there's no-one to cook Robert a dinner - I would if I lived down there. He might not like the low carb, wheat-free, mainly vegetarian meal I'd cook but at least the wine I plied him with would be good.



2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yeah, we're all approaching our destiny. I'm trying to keep an eye on Rob.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

He ain't heavy ,,,,,