Sunday 1 September 2019

OBSESSIVE

obsessiveadjective
of the nature of an obsession.
synonyms: all-consuming, consuming, compulsive, dominating, controlling, obsessional, addictive, fanatical, fanatic, neurotic, excessive, besetting, gripping, haunting, tormenting, inescapable; More
noun
a person who is affected by an obsession.
The Old Girl reckons that I'm obsessive but I disagree with her as essentially I'm a procrastinator and a bit of a lazy bastard.

I do get ideas or wants fixed in my head though and usually have to do something to clear them.


  • If I think of a type of food the thought stays with me for a long time and becomes a sort of craving. I remember years ago when at home on an evening I said to The Old Girl that I'd like a certain type of ice cream. She reminded me that we didn't have any in the freezer. I pouted. A short while later I was looking for her but she'd gone. She later came back from a trip to a late-night supermarket with the exact ice cream that I'd had a fancy for. She does this from time to time.
  • I wrote this post in my head in the shower this morning and wasn't going to bother with it but it's been nagging me, in my head so here it is.
  • I'm listening to Benjamin Britten's The Turn of the Screw on You Tube at the moment. NZ Opera is performing this in October and I'm wondering if I'll go to see it. The Old Girl doesn't like Britten - "too strident" - and I'll probably have to go on my own. Very little in it so far grabs me but I know that the idea is becoming fixed in my head and I'll end up going even if I don't particularly like this opera.
  • I attended the AGM of the local club yesterday. I'd thought earlier that I wouldn't join again this coming year but yesterday had an idea to review it. That idea is now becoming fixed and, against maybe better judgement I'll sign up again. I know I will.
  • After the AGM the bar was open and I fancied a stout or a dark beer but the queue at the bar was too long. When I got home though the idea of a stout had been implanted in my brain so I had to rummage in the cellar to find an old one. It was past it's use by date but dark beer, in dark glass lasts better than ordinary beer so it was OK.

"Knock it off why dontcha"











1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

My mum would have said that you're becoming a bit of a crank.