Tuesday 17 September 2019

JUST SAYING



JUST SAYING
          A phrase used to indicate that we  refuse to  defend a claim we've made - in other words, that              we refuse to offer reasons  that what we've said is true.

          - The Urban Dictionary




I got called out by Richard for using the expression "Just saying" in a comment on his blog and I admit that I agree with him. It's a stupid expression and in its usage context is a way of trying to distance oneself from a previous comment made. Cowardice in fact.

I also used the expression in a comment on Robert's blog but I wasn't trying to distance myself from the comment made which I fully believed in. I was using the expression in both cases as kind of a running joke as this stupid expression has been doing the rounds in this little (very tiny) blogging community for a while now. I hate it and can't remember its origin but I think it's one of Robert's. I won't use it again.

Mea Culpa


No comments: